Our next gen Vampire Facial!
Here at The Courtyard Clinic we go one step further with the ‘Vampire Facial” technique if you want to see super-charged results. Dr. Beena Harkison takes some of your blood (like a blood test) then places that blood into a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich-fibrin. This fibrin is then inserted into the deeper layers of the skin on your face using our dermapen micro needling device.
Once inside your body, the platelets get to work. Stimulating the regeneration of old, weakened skin cells and promoting the growth of new collagen and elastin. Giving you brighter, healthier, and more youthful-looking skin.
As Featured In
At The Courtyard Clinic, Dr Beena Harkison has a strong ethos around regeneration and rejuvenation in the most natural way possible. For that reason, we also offer natural interventions as part of our Facial Aesthetic treatments. This is where PRF comes into the equation.
What is PRF?
PRF or Platelet Rich Fibrin treatment is an innovative technique for rejuvenating the skin by increasing the thickness and the brightness of the skin, making you look younger.
How does this rejuvenate the skin?
What does the PRF treatment entail?
- Firstly, we will draw a few tubes of blood from your arm as one has for blood tests.
- These blood containing-tubes will be passed through a centrifugation machine, which separates the blood into its different components: plasma (which contains PRF, white blood cells and growth factors) and red blood cells.
- The plasma product is what we will use to inject into your face and neck, or as necessary, to trigger the repair and rejuvenation processes.
Benefits of PRF
PRF is a natural alternative to fillers and can be used for:
- Wrinkle reduction
- Treatment of acne scars
- Hair loss
- As a lip and cheek filler
Dermapen works on the premise that creating a microscopic wound will encourage the skin to respond with the formation of collagen and new skin cells. The Dermapen device consists of multiple tiny needles that create micro- punctures, hence, the term micro-needling. Because the depth of penetration can be adjusted, this means that it can be used for a range of conditions, from a simple skin enhancement to the clinical treatment of scars, wrinkles and even stretch marks.
It can also be used for:
- Lip wrinkles
- Skin texture / tone
- Appearance of pores
- Superficial facial wrinkles
- Skin texture on the neck
- Acne Scarring / Trauma Scarring
- Melasma and Pigmentation
- Stretch marks