Enamel erosion or wear is surprisingly common and one of the causes of sensitive teeth, these tips can help reduce enamel erosion:
- Reduce or eliminate carbonated beverages
- Skip the additives in tea such as sugar, lemon, and milk
- Drink acidic drinks quickly and through a straw
- Acidic drinks should be consumed at meals only to limit the exposure to acid on the teeth
- Chew sugar-free gum to increase saliva flow in your mouth
- Rinse with water to neutralize the acids, and wait an hour before brushing
- If you suffer from heartburn or indigestion, acid from the stomach can be a factor so consult your doctor.