Tooth decay is the most common chronic childhood disease. What can parents do to help kids’ teeth stay healthy?
It is not all about keeping soda and candy away from their children. Use the following tips to ensure good dental health in your child.
1. Encourage regular meals rather than binge eating.
2. Provide teeth-friendly food (high in fiber and protein) like veggies, beans, eggs and lean meat.
3. Protect (brush) baby teeth even though they later fall out.
4. Teach the child proper brushing and flossing.
5. Encourage children to drink more water — immediately after meals and between meals.
Read the full story here