Call us: 01932 582 949
Whatsapp: 07999065772
Call us today on:
01932 582 949

market icon
Find us at:
30 London Street, Chertsey,
Surrey, KT16 8AA

10 tips for a healthy smile you can be proud of!

Posted in: Dentistry, by thecourtyardclinic, on 3rd May 2014 | Comments Off on 10 tips for a healthy smile you can be proud of!
blank image


1) Brush twice daily for at least 2 minutes making sure you clean all surfaces of the teeth
2) Use something once daily to clean between your teeth- either dental floss or interproximal brushes- brushing alone will only clean around 60% of the teeth leaving 40% uncleansed.
3) Keep refined sugars to a minimum- it is the frequency of sugar intake which is the most important factor leading to decay, for example 1 sugar in your coffee/tea five times a day would put you at a higher risk of decay that 5 sugars in your one coffee/tea a day.
4) Straightening the teeth makes them easier to clean- anyone with crooked teeth will tell you it is very difficult to keep them healthy- straightening the teeth with simple adult orthodontics (which can be almost invisible) helps to improve the look of your smile and also make it easier for you to clean
5) Regular visits to the dentist and hygienist will help to prevent you having more complicated problems with your teeth- prevention is better than the cure!
6) If you have missing teeth these can be replaced with dental implants which are the closest thing we have to natural teeth
7) If you have a loose old denture which falls out when you eat we can make you a new tighter fitting one or replace it with dental implants
8) Whiter smiles always look healthier- we can whiten your teeth either in the practice or at home to give your teeth back a more youthful and attractive appearance.
9) Often if you grind your teeth they may appear shorter than they once where, we can build these teeth back up to their correct length which can make you look many years younger!
10) If you have many crowns of different colours on your front teeth we can replace your old crowns with new natural looking all porcelain crowns that match your natural teeth.

If you feel you need help with any of these problems give us a call on 01932 582949 and we can help!

The Courtyard Clinic Chertsey

It is one of the first things we notice when we meet someone for the first time, so it’s worth paying as much attention to your smile as you do to other aspects of your appearance.

We are an experienced dental team and are proud to deliver excellence, innovation and results that are second to none, using state of the art techniques in a practice dedicated to your comfort, wellbeing and most importantly, your smile.

Click here to read our patient testimonials »

To book a FREE consultation with us in Chertsey, call us today on 01932 582 949

Get social with us!

Connect with us by liking us on Facebook or following us on Instagram.

Leave us a review on Google
cerec logo