Here at The Courtyard Clinic our priority to provide our patients and their families with happy and healthy smiles. A number of our patients come to us to improve the appearance of their smiles, our expert dentists are all well trained in advanced cosmetic dentistry and so are more than happy to help. Here are the 5 main ways we help patients achieve bright, brilliant smiles:
1) Tooth whitening: tooth whitening also known as dental bleaching is a simple and non invasive way of giving our patients a more youthful smile. It involves the placement of hydrogen peroxide gel either in the clinic or in thin plastic trays at home. Many of our patients go up to 7 shades lighter!
2) Tooth straightening: Often patients will be unhappy with the position of a certain tooth or teeth. The best way to align the teeth is by use of adult orthodontics or braces. Traditional metal braces is still the gold standard of treatment however there are many other options which can be more cosmetic and much quicker than the traditional 2 years of treatment. Treatments such as Damon, Invisalign, Inman Aligner and Social 6 Lingual braces are all available for patients to get the smile they always wanted.
3) Cosmetic bonding: Patients will sometimes be unhappy with existing visible fillings at the front of the mouth, or may want to correct small discrepancies in the shape of position of their teeth. Cosmetic bonding can be used to change the shape of teeth often without drilling away any of the natural tooth. This “no drills/no injection” technique is fantastic especially for our nervous patients!
4) Replacing missing teeth: missing teeth can provide an unharmonious smile which many patients are embarrassed of. These spaces can not only be a cosmetic issue but also a functional one with the surrounding teeth drifting an affecting the bite.
5) Porcelain veneers or crowns: if the teeth have multiple cosmetic issues i.e. problems with a combination of colour, position and shape then porcelain veneers or crowns can be used. Often a patient will have old crowns which they are unhappy with which can be replaced for more cosmetic materials. In specific cases porcelain veneers can be used to provide a beautiful smile- this is frequently used for the “Hollywood smile” appearance that many people desire. If you are unhappy with your smile then give us a call- many of our patients have been putting off improving their smile for many years, all of our patients who have improved their smiles wish they did it earlier! Call 01932 582949 and book in for a complimentary smile consultation today!